Create your laptop battery report on windows 11

This has been slightly updated. The instructions used to be for Windows 10, I have now updated this to apply to Windows 11. Main issue I had from one to the other was that the original folder I was saving this to (c:\) did not give me the permissions I needed to view the report. Simply saving to my user's folder did the trick.


Open a command prompt with admin rights (left click on the windows logo on the left bottom corner) and run:

powercfg /batteryreport /output "C:\Users\<yourusername>\battery_report.html"

Go to C:\Users\<yourusername> and open battery_report.html and see all that has to do with your battery usage since the beginning of time (unix timestamp = 0).

Comments

crumplecorn said…
You mentioned that you have been plugged in, therefore not consuming your battery lately!! My problem is that even though I have my PC plugged in, my battery continues to drain as if it were not plugged in at all!! Would you know or have any input on my problem?? Any info is greatly appreciated!!! I've had this problem for the past few months!! Thank you!! 🤗



On my Microsoft Surface Book in WIndows 10, all I did was type Battery Report in the type here to search box next to start menu, and the battery report came up right away. IDK if this works for all windows, but it did for me. Also when it comes up, left click the 3 dots at top right under the x and chose pin this page to start from the drop down list, and it will save the report as an ap to your start up menu so you can view it regularly.