Battery icon disappears from windows 10 system tray - Get it back!


After windows 10 last update, the battery icon disappeared from my system tray. This was not a simple matter of reactivating the icon on my system tray options: the power management option (or similar) was there but it was greyed out and I could not switch it on. The following procedure made the icon return to my system tray:

1. do crtl + shift + esc to open the task manager
2. click details
(read to the end now before you proceed as the information on your browser may disappear momentarily after the next step and you will not know what to do)
3. find explorer.exe from the list, right click it and click "End process tree"
4. All windows and the task bar will not visible but you will still see the task manager window. Click "file" and select "Run new task".
5. Type "explorer.exe" and click enter
6. All windows and the system tray should now be visible and the battery icon should have returned.

This worked for me on an Asus V300 laptop, windows 10 home edition 64 bit. Good luck!

Comments

Thz bro u just help he fix my PC I had this problem for a long time a I had to go in the sitting and then go to the power saver to see the battery thz so much 😃